The Sentinel 150 line provides high performance battery charging for continuous float charge and standby power applications. Switch mode technology provides major advances in power supply and battery charger design, giving a compact and lightweight construction, improved power efficiency, low heat dissipation, wide supply voltage tolerance and low output ripple.
The chargers are configured for fast, accurate charging to give optimum battery life and reliability. The very smooth output (<1% ripple) allows charging of sealed or vented batteries - e.g., Nickel Cadmium (NiCd), Lead Acid Sealed (VRLA), vented and Planté cells - or use as a stand-alone power supply. Factory calibration is optimized for each specific battery type.
The Sentinel 150P is a range of highly efficient, high performance battery chargers, designed for continuous float charge and standby power applications. Switch mode technology provides major advances in power supply and battery charger design, giving a compact and lightweight construction, improved efficiency and low heat dissipation, wide supply voltage tolerance and low output ripple.
The chargers are configured for fast, accurate charging, to give optimum battery life and reliability. Each charger's output can be OEM-configured for optimal charging of different cell types: vented/wet lead acid, Calcium-Calcium, sealed VRLA (AGM or Gel), NiCd or custom requirements. The very smooth output (< 1% ripple) allows charging of sealed or vented batteries, or use as a stand-alone power supply.
All models features an intelligent, multi-stage charge regime: during charge recovery mode, the Sentinel gives a constant (maximum) current output; as the battery approaches peak charge, the output reverts to float charge mode, maintaining an optimum cell voltage and supplying additional standing load current up to the rated maximum. Output current is always limited to the rated maximum, even during high load (e.g. engine cranking), short-circuit or reverse polarity connection.
Sentinel 300P battery chargers provide new levels of DC power control, monitoring and protection for stationary engine starting and standby battery applications.
Advanced Sentinel charging features included as standard:
- Switch mode charging technology: high power efficiency and low heat dissipation, plus wide supply voltage tolerance, in a compact and lightweight package.
- Multistage charging: float, bulk, absorption and AutoBoost stages ensure no compromise between rapid charge recovery and long term battery capacity and life.
- Low output ripple: <1% ripple, beneficial for vented lead acid & NiCd cells, essential for VRLA, and configurable for use as a stand-alone DC power supply.
The SMPS is a constant output voltage, current limited, battery charger specially designed for permanent connection to genset starter batteries.
Open chassis, metal cased design is suitable for bolt and stud mounting in an enclosed panel.
- 100 KHz switchmode architecture
- Lead acid or NiCd battery compatible
- Constant voltage output
- Current limited
- Rugged design for industrial environments
- Wide operating voltage range
- Float charging system
- Rectifier fail output
- Charger fail
- Boost charge
- Short circuit protection
- Overload protection
- High temperature protection
- Plug-in connection system